Insuring your home, valued possessions and trips abroad

Insuring your home with buildings cover and or a combined policy including contents and valued possessions will protect your home from accidents and damage.

Travel insurance can be included in some packages for trips abroad for which can we draw on major insurers in the household insurance market to deliver and protect your home, contents and your valued possessions.

Being based in London and the South East properties tend to be more expensive. We can insure large detached houses, a semi-detached homes, terraces, and bungalows. Since your home is probably your most valuable asset, it should be protected with a buildings policy, whether by a sums assured of total replacement style products or a combined policy including contents cover.

Household insurance protects you against damage, accidents, theft, floods and fire, even public liability. There are policies for buildings only, combined policies for both buildings and contents and sometimes contents only for the rental market. For a contents policy you will be asked to value the overall contents, whilst being more specific with your precious items like phones, laptops and jewellery. Fine art, antiques and sometimes holiday homes aboard are usually covered by more specific policies.

Protection can be given to:
  • Household buildings insurance
  • Household content insurance
  • All-risk cover for valued possessions (including away from home)
Protection can be given to:
  • Fine Art, Collectibles and Antiques
  • Jewellery, Gold, Silver, Crystal and China
  • Legal Expenses Cover
  • Business Equipment and Laptops
  • Annual Family Travel Worldwide
  • Holiday Homes and Villas abroad
  • Private Medical cover
  • All the private cars of the family
Call Jane Hiley on 01342 313 733 or email for information and quotations

Free Services to Clients

As part of our overall service, Sturdy Edwards Insurance Brokers provide to clients, as standard, professional advice and clear and timely guidance on the scope and type of insurance cover required. Price is of course a major factor and we will work to a budget to recommend a package of insurance protection for you and your family and/or business.

Risk Management

We can offer advice and provide materials for businesses and organisations to assist with health and safety and risk management, such as risk assessments for fire, electrical inspections, working at height and more. We will work with you to help reduce the likelihood of a claim, which sits well with insurance companies and helps to keep premiums down.

Disaster Recovery

Whilst insurance claims money may pay for losses, the recovery from a major loss involves far more than just cash.
You will need to keep staff and customers informed, make provision for continuous trading, albeit at a reduced level, and a host of other issues that would be prudent to anticipate beforehand.